Having too many unnecessary apps in your Nintendo Switch can be overwhelming and impede its performance. Do you want to free up some space and optimize your gaming experience? Here’s a guide on how to delete apps on your Nintendo Switch! Nintendo Switch offers a wide selection of digital games, applications, and streaming services. With such a vast library of content available on the system, it can become easy to lose track of all the apps installed on your device. This guide will walk you through the process of deleting any unnecessary apps on your Nintendo Switch so you can keep your preferred software content organized and up to date.
Benefits of Deleting Unnecessary Apps on Nintendo Switch
Deleting unnecessary apps on Nintendo Switch can have a variety of benefits, including improved system performance and responsiveness, additional onboard storage space, extended battery life, and a faster startup time. All of these benefits can help make your gaming experience even more enjoyable. Depending on the type of app you delete, some other advantages may also apply.
Having fewer apps on your Nintendo Switch device means that the system will take up less memory and better manage resources to deliver faster speeds when playing games or browsing the internet. With more free space available for usage, it may allow for quicker access to updates and downloads from Nintendo eShop, as well as faster digital game installations – especially for larger titles. The elimination of unnecessary apps can also be beneficial for those who travel with their Switch console, allowing them to conserve more power and battery life for their journeys.
How to delete apps on nintendo switch
With Nintendo Switch and its wealth of gaming content, it is easy to get carried away with downloading new apps and forgetting what is installed. For that reason, you may need to remove some of these apps from your home screen so as to make room for other applications or ensure optimal performance. Luckily, it’s easy to delete unnecessary apps on your Nintendo Switch.
To delete apps from Nintendo Switch, turn on your console and go to the home screen which lists all the installed games and applications. Select the app icon you want to delete by pressing the A button on your controller. Now press + or – on your controller twice to bring up a pop-up menu with options like View Details/Manage Software, Uninstall Software and Copy Save Data. The Uninstall Software option will give you the option to permanently remove the application from your device or archive it for future use. Once you have made a selection, hit X and confirm by hitting A again. You will then see that the icon has been removed from your home screen once deletion has been completed successfully.
In case you do not want to completely delete an application but just move it offscreen so that you can access it when needed, all it takes is a quick drag-and-drop of the icon into either of the two sides of your home page which are indicated by arrows shooting out when scrolled over them with a controller stick or arrow keys on left Joy-Con side. Now simply select where you would like this application moved by selecting an arrow pointing toward one side of the page at any given time until placement is satisfactory before pressing A again to confirm action execution.
How to Delete Apps from the System Settings
If you’re looking to clean up your Nintendo Switch storage, a good place to start is getting rid of apps you no longer need or use. Deleting apps from the system settings menu is an easy and straightforward process that can be done in just a few steps.
- Open the System Settings app on your Switch and select Data Management from the list of options.
- From here, scroll all the way down and select Delete Software, located at the bottom of the list.
- Select the game or app you’d like to delete from your system by pressing A, then select Delete Software from this menu by pressing Y twice.
- After this step is completed, choose Okay to confirm you want to delete it permanently.
How to Re-download Deleted Apps
Do you want to re-download an app that was accidentally deleted? Good news – the Nintendo Switch makes it easy! Here’s how to re-download lost content from the Nintendo eShop:
- Open the Nintendo eShop.
- Click on your account icon (top right corner) and select “Your account”.
- Scroll down to find “Purchase history” and click on “See purchase history”.
- Select the item you want to re-download, then click “Redownload”.
- The app will begin downloading again, and you’re all set! You can also use this method to purchase items previously purchased but deleted after a significant time period has passed since they were downloaded.
Remember, once an item has been permanently removed from the eShop, there is no way to recover it – so be sure to check your account before deleting any apps or games off of your system!
What to Do if You Can’t Delete an App
If you’ve decided to delete an app from your Nintendo Switch, you’re going to want to make sure that the process is completed successfully. If you can’t seem to delete an app, don’t panic – there are several steps that you can take in order to make sure that the app is successfully removed.
- First of all, make sure that the game or application isn’t open while trying to delete it. It’s best if the console has been powered down and then powered back up before attempting to delete the application again.
- If this doesn’t work, try deleting any Data files associated with the application or game. Go into System Settings on your device and access Data Management – this will let you see which applications have data stored on your system for them. Select an application for which you want to delete data and opt for Delete Data – this will then prompt a screen advising what will be deleted. Ensure that nothing you want saved is selected in this list and opt for OK to continue deleting everything related to it from your device effectively uninstalling it from your system.
- Another option is Disabling any games or apps instead of deleting them – this will remove them from your Home Menu but store information related itself such as save data etc., so if/when reinstalling it at a future date, nothing is lost except where progress in-game has been made since its installation – because unless done manually before disabling/deleting, no way would be currently available progress since its last play session or at least since installing to load was saved automatically by the Switch’s operating system after playing a session.
For Nintendo Switch players, it can be a challenge to find the right troubleshooting tips when it comes to deleting unnecessary apps. Fortunately, the process is relatively straightforward. To delete an app on your Nintendo Switch, follow these steps:
- From the Home Screen, scroll left and select ‘System Settings’.
- Scroll down and select ‘Data Management’.
- Select ‘Manage Software’ and then select ‘Software at Launch’ from the list of available options.
- Scroll through the list of installed apps until you find the one you want to delete; then select it with the A button on your controller.
- If you have downloaded additional data for that app, you will need to delete it first; choose ‘Delete All Software Data’ from the menu and press A to confirm that you wish to proceed with deletion of that data before continuing with deletion of the app itself.
- Once additional data has been deleted (if applicable), select ‘Delete Software’ from within this menu; press A again to confirm deletion of this game or application permanently from your system memory storage unit as well as any associated users in which it was active on your specific device.
Deleting apps from your Nintendo Switch is a great way to keep your device organized and running smoothly. To delete an app, simply open the Home Menu and select the software title you want to remove. Then, press the + button and click “Delete Software.” Keep in mind that you may need to redownload the game or app that you delete. Additionally, you should be aware of which accounts are connected to your Switch device so that any stored save data is not lost upon deletion. With these tips in mind, you can now feel confident with your new-found knowledge about how to easily delete apps or games on Nintendo Switch.