Are you ready to let bygones be bygones? If you’re looking to unblock someone on your PS4, then you’ve come to the right place! This guide will help you reconcile with your former foes and make amends with your fellow gamers. Let’s go through the steps together so you can put the past behind you!
It’s easy to accidentally block someone while playing on your PlayStation 4. Whether it’s an ex, a friend you fell out with, or someone you don’t like, here’s how to unblock them and start playing with them once again.
Before we get started, it’s important to note that the process for unblocking someone will vary depending on how you blocked them in the first place.
- If you used the “Report/Block Player” feature from within a game (such as Rocket League), then the person is restricted from all communication and game-related activities on your profile. To unblock them, you need to go into your PlayStation Network online safety settings and remove their profile name or Playstation Network Online ID (PSN ID) from the list of blocked players.
- On the other hand, if you used “Report/Block User” within messages or the PlayStation Network then they were only restricted from communication on your profile – there’s no need to go into your settings; all you have to do is find their PSN profile and send a friend request.
Now that we know when each method should be used, let’s get started!
What is PS4?
The PlayStation 4 (PS4) is a video game console created by Sony Interactive Entertainment and the fourth home video game console in the PlayStation line. It was released on 15 November 2013 in North America, and 29 November 2013 in Europe and Australia. It competes with Microsoft’s Xbox One and Nintendo’s Wii U, as part of the eight generation of video game consoles.
The PS4 runs an operating system designed specifically for the console, separate from Windows or iOS. This makes it easier for developers to create games for the system and allows users access to many new features, such as remote play with devices such as the PlayStation Vita handheld gaming console or compatible Sony Xperia mobile phones. The system also allows users to stream content from services like Netflix or purchase digital copies of movies, music and games directly from the PlayStation Store or other stores like Steam.
One important feature of the PS4 is its ability for players to connect with each other online over its network service, allowing players from all around the world to meet up virtually and play together in multi-player modes. The system also has communication tools such as voice chat which allow players to communicate during their online sessions together on PS4 software titles. Finally, players can also use messaging tools across different platforms, including on PC or mobile devices connected over social media networks such as Facebook or Twitter.
What is Unblocking on PS4?
Unblocking on PlayStation 4 (PS4) is a simple process that can be done in a matter of seconds. The feature allows you to unblock people from your PlayStation Network, so you can play online with them again. It also gives players the ability to remove any inappropriate content and players from their PSN account.
When you unblock someone on PS4, it means their user profile and online activity associated with their PS4 console will no longer be blocked. This includes things like accessing game stores and joining online multiplayer games. It does not affect any Friends List associations or saved data associated with the other player’s account on your PSN account or other gaming networks if users have enabled cross platform play.
To unblock someone on your PlayStation 4, simply head over to Settings > Account Management > Friends > Players You Blocked list, then select the user profile you would like to unblock. This will automatically remove any restrictions they had set up against that player across all supported PlayStation properties, including Playstation Network, Playstation Plus, Playstation Video and so on.
Reasons to Unblock Someone on PS4
In most cases, unblocking someone on PS4 is a relatively easy process. There are many reasons why you may need or want to unblock someone from your Friends list, such as if the person was blocked at your own request, or if the person was blocked by Sony or engaging in activity that violates their PlayStation Network terms of service. In any case, it’s important to understand why you’re unblocking a user before doing so.
The following are some of the most common reasons for you to unblock someone on PS4:
- You changed your mind about wanting them blocked;
- The user apologized and you want to give them another chance;
- The user was engaging in disruptive behavior but no longer is;
- You know the user personally and want them back in your circle of friends;
- They violated Sony’s gaming networks rules and were penalized, but have since corrected their behavior;
- You need to send a message to that person again and can’t while they are still blocked.
How to Unblock Someone on PS4
Unblocking someone on your PlayStation 4 will allow you to communicate, share game videos and screenshots with that person, and play online together. It’s possible to unblock someone on PS4 in just a few simple steps.
Before you can unblock anyone, you must first block them: go to the Friends tab on the home screen of your PS4 console and select the user from your list of friends. Under their profile information you will see an option to Block. Select it and confirm that you want to do this. Now that the user is blocked, go back to their profile page and find a small red button labelled Unblock, next to the original Block option in their profile page. Select this button and confirm that you want to unblock them.
Once this is done, they are automatically added back into your friends list, but may not appear straight away due to a problem with the ‘refresh’ option on PlayStation 4. To work around this issue simply:
- Search for the username of the player you have just unblocked – you won’t actually have any mutual contacts yet as they need accepting in order for that to happen –
- Send them a friend request by adding them as a friend as was done before they were blocked in the first place.
- Once accepted they will be back in your contacts list as normal!
Tips for Unblocking Someone on PS4
Players may want to unblock someone on the PlayStation 4 console if they are unable to access certain features or play online with them. Unblocking someone on PS4 can be done in just a few clicks. Here is how you can unblock someone:
- Navigate to your home screen or dashboard and select “Settings” then “Account Management”.
- You will then be asked for your login information, so enter it and select “Next”.
- Choose the “Family Management” option, which should bring up a list of all the people you have blocked from playing with you – either temporarily or permanently.
- Select the name of the person you want to unblock from this list.
- A menu will appear asking if you want to unblock them – select that option and confirm your choice as prompted by the system.
- Your selection will now be complete and that person will no longer be restricted from joining your gaming sessions or other activities you participate in together on PS4!
Now that you know how to unblock someone on PS4, it’s time to make use of this information and add the people you want back into your PS4 friends list. When you’re done, you’ll be able to join them in online gaming, video streaming, and more!
Keep in mind that although unblocking someone removes the restrictions, any messages sent between the two of you will remain blocked until manually unblocked. As such, it is best to start any communication afresh.
Enjoy your online gaming times!
Get Minecraft for free on PS4 without human verification
How to avoid damaging PS5 when inserting disc
Getting the most out of your 120 FPS on PS5 Fortnite